At Willowpark, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children.
We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement all our children.
Primary School Sports Funding for 2018-19 is enabling us to continue and extend our provision by employing additional sports coaches, entering into more competitive sports competitions and running additional lunchtime and after school clubs.
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing £150 million of ‘Sport Premium’ funding per annum (academic year) to primary schools to support the delivery of PE & School Sport. This funding will be ring fenced and Ofsted reports on the expenditure and its impact.
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils (5-11yrs) will receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil, per annum.
The Government are not dictating how schools should spend this money, but are clear that schools will need to employ the strategies that they know will support these pupils to increase their active participation in sports.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
Sports Premium Plan 2020-21Sport Premium 20-21 Impact report
Sports Premium plan 2021-22
Sports premium Impact report 21-22Sports Premium Plan 2022-23